Tuesday, May 09, 2006

a tree house and childhood memories

I was thinking today, while I was outside at the park with joe, laying on our backs and looking up into the sky, about childhood. (because we were both talking about our past when we were small kids. joe has pretty cute stories..*wink* hee hee) I asked joe what kind of picture "childhood" put in his mind when he would think about it. And he told me that he thought of playing in the park with his friends, making things with his daddy, and getting dirty. cute! to me, childhood brings a picture of a tree house. I don't know why, but when I think about small children and their daily lives, I think of tree houses. A little place where they can escape to and be alone in their thoughts. A place to share their deepest secrets with their friends, and laugh and play. I've never had a tree house before, much less ever been in one! It's sad, sometimes I wish I had a place to go to, to put all my thoughts into one little spot where they couldn't escape. A place where I could run to when I felt alone and sad, a place to be alone from the world, from the noisy daily life...and I know that one day, when I have my own babies, I am going build a tree house for them, a place for them to make their own memories, that one day, when they grow up, they can look back on those childhood memories and remember of all the different things that have happened there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home